New features in version 0.5.0-E
Gameplay affecting server features
- Selectable capture limit and time limit (optional).
- The maximum number and effective time of power-ups can be set in gamemod.txt.
- Number of power-ups can be set in percents of map size (to reduce them in smaller maps).
- Picking up a second deathbringer cancels the effect (optional).
- Shadow power-up can be set to make the player totally invisible.
- Power-ups are never inside walls.
- Power-ups lying on the ground don’t change.
Other server features
- Server can have more than 32 maps in the list.
- Map rotation can be fixed or random.
- Welcome message to players entering the server.
- Setting to inhibit map changes for some time for each map.
- Server admin can kick, ban and mute players. (see note below)
- Optional player name registering in the server.
- Empty or invalid player names are not allowed.
- Pings are measured accurately.
- Some bugs and vulnerabilities are fixed, and some smaller features added.
Note: Kick, ban and mute options
These options require admin access to the server. That is done with a separate program that is not included in the
packages. It will be released separately when it’s good enough, or maybe the functionality built into Outgun directly
in a future version. At this point, only a single user using the same computer can use the admin features. If that
is enough, an incomplete version and/or it’s sources are available by contacting Nix.
Console commands work by typing them when you are on the server, like if you were typing a message. The commands
begin with a slash.
|/help||List the supported commands.
|/info||Shows info about the server.
|/config||Shows some info about server configuration, e.g. capture limit and time limit.
|/stats||See your stats.
|/mapinfo||Shows info about a map.
|/time||Shows the server uptime, the map time and time left in the map.
|/votemap||Vote a map or see the maplist and votes.
|/sayadmin||Send a message to the server admin.
Client side features
- Flag sites are marked on the ground and shown more intelligently in the minimap.
- Option to log messages in a file. Start outgun with the parameter -log
- Support for high Ascii characters (e.g. ä, é, ñ). Edit allegro.cfg to set up your keyboard.
- The deathbringer explosion code is slightly optimized, and should not freeze your FPS as much as before (it’s still slow).
Updated 2004-01-03 – Niko Ritari